Saturday, January 25, 2014

Everything That Glitters Ain't Gold

It's not just men who and women who will try to play you, it's everybody. The only person you can trust in this world is YOU. Not to sound pessimistic or seem as if I see no sunshine in any situation but you have to have your antennas up with every situation and everyone. It is so crazy to me how people don't analyze their surroundings when clearly red flags are waving right in front of your face. If a man only takes you out at night, that is a sign. You look at what people show you, not what they tell you. Hell, people can tell you one thing and do the total opposite but as long as they are talking slick they continue to have you looking like a damn fool. I remember years back, a former friend who shall remain nameless, was so excited to tell me about a mystery man she had been keeping a secret. She was telling me what she wanted me to know but I wanted to know the real shit, the things that mattered. I let her talk, until she was done bragging about what he had and possessed but I notice she knew nothing about who HE was. Women get so blinded by material things they let characteristic flaws slip and fly right on by. So when she finally shut up I asked her..What was his full name. Where did he work. How old was he. Had she had sex with him yet. Does he live by himself. Does he have transportation. Does he have children, and if so where and who is the mother. Does he have clean fingernails. Does he have teeth. What is his credit score. The reason why I asked had she had sex with him yet is because sex, especially juicy mind blowing sex can cloud your judgement. I asked those questions. You know...the real questions. She answered some but ignored others. He seems to be pretty cool. He seemed perfect on paper but those are usually the ones you have to dig deeper and find out the real reason why they are single. As thirsty as women are these days, if a man with ALL of what he had going on has been single for a WHOLE year he must have something wrong with him he wasn't telling. Child...turns out homeboy was MARRIED. Yes honey you read it right, his black ass was married and had a whole other sexual relationship with my THEN friend at the time. They dated for about 6 months before she started telling us about him. The reason why I never knew she was seeing someone is because she was in college at the time and whenever she would go see him she would tell all of us she was going to class. Class my ass. Yeah she was going to class alright, about to get a hard lesson on life from the school of hard knocks. After we, as in I found out he was married instead of just cutting it off like a real woman should her dumb ass had the audacity to have the attitude of entitlement. Thinking she was well within her rights to continue what she was doing. Like someone owed her something. She said "If his wife was doing what she should have been doing at home then he would not have to come to her"...Smh... I reminded her that what a man does with you he will do TO you. You will always be the day AFTER bitch and never the day OF woman. He will always have to check with his wife first before doing anything with you because his marriage will always take precedence over a piece of ass on the side. You are a side hoe. A homewrecker. So of course, after she heard me tell her all of that our friendship ended. I don't associate myself with hoes, at least not on purpose. You are the company you keep. Ain't no way in HELL that I would go anywhere with a hoe. If I am sen with her people will assume we are cut from the same cloth and believe me when I tell you Angie is none of the sort. Everything that glitters ain't gold. you have to look at every situation realistically and weigh your options after analyzing the pros and cons of the situation. We all make choices. Mistakes are just something we call the choices we are ashamed of. So as always ...I'm going to tell you ....just in case your mother didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment