Saturday, January 25, 2014

Submission Doesn't Mean Slave

All I remember when I was young is my grandmother making my grandfather's plate and bringing it to him every night at dinner. My Auntie Jean does the same thing for my Uncle Marty. I used to always wonder as a kid why a man didn't make his own plate at dinner. Then, I begin going over my friends house and their mom didn't  bring their dad his plate at dinner. I asked my friend's mother why didn't she bring him his plate she looked at me and laughed. Of course she could not believe a small kid was asking her such a mature question and she simply said, "Baby he doesn't deserve  a plate made for him or brought to him". I know now and understand as a woman why she said what she did. First,  before I get into this please keep in mind these are my opinions so please if you always up in your feelings after reading this, calm down. I believe women should be submissive to their husbands only when deserved. Lots of women for one, are married to men they probably should have only had sex with. All men are not husband material. There are prerequisites that I think should be met before they can agree to be anyone's husband. Now if you with a sorry man that doesn't innately have an "I need to  make a future for my family by working hard" type attitude then you have a huge problem. If you are the bread winner and he is unappreciative and not willing to help the family financially, again you have a huge problem. A man should be a protector. A man should be a provider. A man should make deposits. A man should make you feel like you have his full support... his love... holding each other hand in hand forever through any struggles or obstacles. That man... THAT man should have NO problem getting a submissive wife in a marriage. Submission should only be given to a man with a MISSION for your family's life and with a clear vision for the success he wants his family to have. Submission doesn't mean slave. A man should respect you and treat you with love even in a disagreement. If my husband has my back and puts my feelings and considerations above his, you damned right I will submit to the man God has placed in my life. You don't agree. GO ahead. Do what works for you and I will continue doing what works for me and my husband. I have been married for almost 12 years, I am 32 and I got married when I was 20 years old. My husband reciprocates all the love and energy that I give him. He runs my bath water when he notices I am tired. He gets me just because gifts to actively show me he cares and loves me. He tells me he loves me everyday. There is not a day that goes past that he doesn't tell me how much he appreciates the things I do for him. He is my soft spot. He is one of the reasons why I smile. Being with him has made me a better woman. That is why I trust him for making decisions for our family. I know he got me... even with my eyes closed I trust him to catch me if I happen to fall. Like I said, submission doesn't mean slave. So as always I'm going to tell you, just in case your mother didn't. Respect, Love and Protect your husband. Keyword: husband. Boyfriends don't get husband benefits and priveleges. Point blank and the period. Know THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment