Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Being Employed With A Facebook Account

Too many people don't know the effective ways of having a Facebook page without getting caught up. If you work in Corporate America you need to always protect yourself. You can have a Facebook page, Twitter and an Instagram account without feeling scared of putting your job in jeopardy. These companies are thirsty and ruthless...always scrounging to find a tiny piece of evidence for you to incriminate yourself. Some people put themselves in a predicament to where they might as well wave a red flag so they can be found because they are so reckless with just leaving information open to the public. There is limited public and there is public. You having no sort of customized privacy on your Facebook page is open for all public to see. You have your Facebook page where only people you are Facebook friends with is limited public access because you are setting your own limitations. Now don't get caught up in THINKING you have a limited access page because your profile is private and not set your privacy settings to where your FRIENDS OF FRIENDS can see your page. I will give you an example: 

Lisa, who is my coworker is my friend on Facebook. My page is private. Lisa is friends with our supervisor name Nicole on Facebook because low key she is a suck up. I have not blocked Nicole on Facebook because I didn't see a need to because we don't talk to each other at work hardly and we have ZERO contact outside of the work place. I don't know Nicole is friends with Lisa because she never told me and Nicole goes by her maiden name on Facebook so I would have never known that. on Thursday morning I call out sick from work and tell them I am sick. I call out Friday from work as well telling them I am sick. In all actuality, I am on a 4 day vacation in Las Vegas but I didn't tell anyone from work. I didn't even tell Lisa, We cool and all but not like THAT. Truth be told I only added her because she sits next to me and she overheard me tell someone about a picture I saw on Facebook and she asked me to add her. No biggie, so I did. Okay, back to the story. I made it my business not to post on Facebook while I was in Las Vegas because I didn't want to get caught up like I hear so many people loosing their jobs over Facebook. I was covered. So I thought. I met my favorite cousins who are twins, Heaven and Neveah. They were turning 21 so we were about to get TURNT UP!!! I told these heffas not to tag me on any pictures that we take because I didn't want my job finding out where I was. I could have easily went into my privacy notifications and set it to where whenever someone tagged me I needed to approve it or decline it ....and double protecting myself by setting it to where I am the ONLY one that can see the posts other people tag me on with Facebook pictures. But no, I didn't think I had to go that far because I trusted these heffas and we all agreed. No tagging Facebook pictures on my page. So long story short, we got drunk and pictures got snapped...65 pictures to be exact and low and behold every picture was tagged on MY PAGE on FACEBOOK!!!! I didn't find out until the next afternoon on Sunday when we went out for lunch because we had a hangover from the night before. I turn my phone on and I have 84 NOTIFICATIONS with 97 comments!!!!! My stomach dropped to THE FLOOORRRRRR!!! I screamed because I knew ....I just KNEW I HAD SCREWED UP!!!! Under one of the tagged post, that was a picture of me getting a lap dance from a half naked stripper while I had a drink in my hand and I was licking his nipple...the caption read "Freaky Friday...We TURNT up in Vegas #BOOM #YouMadOrNAH" ....under the comment Lisa writes "Damn...I thought you were sick...and your butt was in Vegas?? I'm glad somebody had fun because we were SWAMPED at work...See you on Monday Chica!!!" Now the normal person would think NO BIG DEAL....if she keep her damn mouth shut we are COOL. Remember when I said Lisa was friends with Nicole our supervisor? Yeah. So Nicole got a notification as soon as Lisa left that comment on my picture...Smmfh...Nicole wrote a comment as well, and it said "You are right Lisa ...she did call in sick didn't she? We will need to have a meeting about this on Monday so make sure you come in if you are back from your Las Vegas festivities" I didn't know who was commenting until I read the comment because the last name from Nicole didn't look familiar but when I read that I started balling my eyes out. I got fired on Monday and Lisa was promoted to a Team Leader. All because I didn't know how to secure myself on Facebook and trusted a stranger at work who didn't tell me she was friends with our supervisor.

Rules of Having Facebook and Staying Employed:

#1 Do not friend coworkers.

#2 Do not friend coworkers. 

#3 Do not friend NO GOT DAMN COWORKERS. MAKE YOUR PAGE PRIVATE!!!

#4 Don't just have your name on Facebook with your first and last name, make it hard to find.

#5 Go to your privacy setting and set everything to FRIENDS ONLY. Not FRIENDS OF FRIENDS...there is a HUGE difference. Change the tagging to where they need your permission to post it on your page and even after you are tagged change that setting to ONLY ME. Do not allow people to send you friend requests if you don't know them. Do not allow people who know your email address to send you a friend request. 

#6 Don't allow FRIENDS OF FRIENDS to see ANYTHING on your page. 

#7 Write down the names of all supervisors and managers and BLOCK THEM ALL!!!!!!

Don't let Facebook get your ass fired!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment